DOOM and Wolfenstein II is Coming To Nintendo Switch





Taking a long break from political talk (although the other articles were about tech), Nintendo made a awesome announcement that I didn't even think would come out: Bethesda announced Doom and Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus for Nintendo Switch. Now given the Switch's internal specs which uses an modified Nvidia X1 Tegra Chip I realistically don't expect the game to run at 60 FPS with near high graphics. I expect it to match Borderlands on the Geforce TV which ran at 30 FPS and had the graphical power between a PS3 and PS4 (accurately it's more PS3 performance than PS4, It Just slightly leans towards PS4).

Doom Switch image (Doesn't appear to be actual image of gameplay)


Besides my realistic graphical performance expectations, The fact that these games are coming to Switch at all which is a mobile console mostly is a pretty big achievement of itself. The last time I saw any Bethesda game being ran on a handheld mobile device was the doom-fated Razer Edge tablet that was bulky and was reported for getting pretty hot over-time. I am really excited for these games to come to Switch and I hope more AAA devs jump on-ship soon, I really was playing down not getting a Switch but it's becoming irresisible as more announcements keep coming (Ninty must really want my business). I'm hoping that as far as Gameplay goes, It will be full-fledged and right now I have no reason for it not to.



Comments