My Thoughts about iTunes and Apple Music coming to the Windows Store





     I'll be honest when I first heard of this coming to Windows 10, It kind of shocked me a little I guess because it's been years since Windows 8 came out with the Windows Store and it feels almost like a necessity for the Windows Store because so many people use iTunes these days especially for Movies because you can buy a movie on iTunes and simply download it to your PC then use some special software to get rid of the DRM garbage so you can use it on your Plex server. I'm not really an avid iTunes user, for me it's not the end all, be all but still many people still use it.

    One thing I'm kind of hoping isn't true is once iTunes gets on the Windows Store you won't easily be able to get into the files and mess with them and Apple might shut down the original version on it's site that you download at some point if this succeeds. As with all things Customers decide whether it's a make it or break it moment. If Apple finds that not many people are using the Windows Store version then it will take it down especially if it makes it harder for people like me to use movies on Plex servers to stream on the go. I feel like for tablet users the Windows Store app will succeed but those like me that are Desktop users will simply stay where we are already because tablet users have to go through the process of going to the site, typing in the address etc., why do all of that tapping when they can go to the Windows Store in a few taps and it's done.

     As for Apple Music I haven't seen Apple Music numbers for people subscribed, I think when it started it had a million however Apple Music is kind of like Pandora from my understanding with the way it functions but these music streaming apps have kind of got some criticism for having exclusive music albums on one service or another, I have particularly been a critic of it but that's just my opinion.

     To end this, that's what my thoughts are about this announcement. I hope it succeeds however I seriously doubt desktop users will be download it especially when they probably have it installed already. It's something more centered towards tablet users.

   

 

Comments