Google's Chrome Browser Confirmed to Have Ad Blocker by 2018




   
     Venturebeat has reported upon rumors that Google was planning to implement it's own native Ad Blocker and after 6 weeks Google has gave a confirmation to the rumor. Google's Chrome is supposed to block all ads that don't follow the guidelines for the Coalition for Better Ads.
Basically it means Google would cut off advertising to ads that don't meet their standards. If one site doesn't hold up to their standards then no ads will show up on the site itself which is a pretty big punishment.

     I think for me it's too little too late because I use a separate ad blocker and this proposal sounds like it's going to be selective about the advertisements it blocks rather then having the user use something like Ghostery to pick and choose what ads or site plugins to block. The company however says that it's selective ad blocker is the way of the future, I think it's being way too optimistic because most people I know use a 3rd party ad blocker and maybe a 3rd party chromium browser like myself. People seem to be happy with using 3rd party adblockers so I doubt people will be making the switch anytime soon. 

Comments